Saturday, December 19, 2020

Featured Model - 12/19/20, North Star

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...North Star! 









This handsome guy was the Saturday Raffle at Breyerfest 2019. He was item #711357, a run of 26 on the Duende mold sculpted by Mindy Berg.

Like most of the raffle models from the last few years, I wanted this guy really badly, but my luck wasn't to be that year. Someday my star will come and I'll win a raffle model...well, maybe. Anyways, it definitely stung not to get to take one of these guys home, but I can't really complain too much - at least I got to go, right? Anyway, Duende is particularly stately in this color, isn't he? The nearly-white mane complements his dark body color really well. And the gloss brings it all together! 

Hmm, now that I think about it, the new Holiday Horse for next year ought to be a pretty similar color once you get all the trappings off. I might have to nickname mine, "Budget North Star"! Heh heh heh. It looks like the Holiday Horse has a dark mane, though, so he's not TOO similar.

Will we see Duende pop up anywhere else next year? Breyer does like to get the most out of a mold in production, so I'd say it's somewhat likely. Maybe as a web special? I don't anticipate seeing him at Breyerfest, but maybe he'd be a prize model or something. He's pretty much already done everything else in his short existence so far, so we'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. North Star was very attractive, even to me who doesn't collect greys. So take your Holiday horse, strip the mane and tail and spray him glossy... (and sign him somewhere)--!

    ReplyDelete