Saturday, December 12, 2020

Featured Model - 12/12/2020, Glossy Chalky White Marwari

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the glossy chalky white Marwari from the Breyerfest 2017 silent auction! 


This handsome model was a OOAK on the Marwari mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. As mentioned above, he was part of the Breyerfest 2017 silent auction and came with a costume made by Didi Hornberger (I think). 

Sigh...there's just something about a white horse, isn't there? Plus he's glossy to boot! Another model to die for. The Marwari just looks so good in white! He looks a tad bit pearly, too - that makes his paint job a little more interesting than just plain white. 

As for the Marwari, I feel like he's a slightly neglected mold - he's had a number of auction appearances, but only one regular run and a small handful of special runs. Give us a new Marwari! I suppose the slightly-older, slightly-less-popular molds like him tend to slip under the radar when the new hotness comes out. Maybe next year he'll get a web special or something - though I don't think the Khalid release was terribly popular, so that doesn't bode well for new releases in the future. I can still hope, though! 


1 comment:

  1. I have a Khalid and I love him. The oldy difficult part about him in relation to all of those "Breyer" colors, is identifying the correct breed and color - that is, if you plan to show him. It certainly forced me to do heap loads of intensive research to find the correct (or closest) fit for him.

    ReplyDelete