Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Mira and Antares are here! UNICORN OVERLOAD!

Unicorns...so many unicorns lately. But...more. I must have MORE! Like Mira and Antares! Now if they only had a stallion, to match them. Duende, perhaps? But would that lead to a unicorn short-circuit? There's only one way to find out...



I like that the mare is a little darker than the foal - sometimes Breyer's mare and foal sets match each other a little too well, when that's not always the case with real horses.


Their color is really interesting - at first glance it looks like a flat bronze, but then you notice the (very subtle, on my set) purple shimmer, and the shading and dapples, and the ombre effect on the foal's horn (not as noticeable on the mare). The mare's horn seems huge!



See what I mean? Their eyes are really nicely done, too, although the shape of the mare's eyes don't match each other. I guess you wouldn't notice it unless you were specifically looking for it, but still.

Quality-wise they're both pretty good - no horribly warped legs, which is what I was afraid of. The mare has some scrapes on her barrel under the paint, and a rough spot in the paint on her front right hoof, but other than that they look pretty good. Well, other than my inner nerd screaming that foals don't usually have dapples in real life and this one does, but then again bronze-colored unicorns don't exist in real life either, so these could be anything they want, and so on.



Either way, I really like the color on these two, and I hope they use it again on something else. Can you imagine it on the Othellocorn? Swoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment