Saturday, November 23, 2019

Featured Model - 11/23/2019, Navya

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Navya!



This pretty guy was the pop-up-store Stablemate at Breyerfest 2017. He's item #711277 on the Django mold sculpted by Josine Vingerling and is one of 2,000 produced.

I really like this guy, and I must not have been the only one who did, because I seem to remember him selling out fairly quickly that year. He has a really nice (if somewhat odd) color scheme. Unfortunately, while the clearware aspect of him works pretty well, it would have looked better if the models didn't have those distracting bubbles in the plastic. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's any way to get rid of the bubbles, so it's something we'll just have to live with.

As for Django, are we ever going to get him in a realistic Friesian color? Seems odd that he was introduced way back in 2016 (okay...not really that long ago) and we still haven't seen him in solid black. Maybe we'll get one in 2020? I think we're due for new Stablemates, so I hope so. He doesn't seem the type to show up in one of Breyer's special run blind bag assortments, but I suppose it's still possible. I don't think they'd use him at the 2020 Breyerfest either, having shown up there so recently, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he was a single-day model. Hopefully we get to see next year's releases soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment