Saturday, November 16, 2019

Featured Model - 11/16/2019, Darwin

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Darwin!



This little guy was the free Stablemate for last year's Premier Club. He's a miniature version of the full-sized Dundee. He's item #90191 and was sculpted by Kelly Sealey. While we don't know how many were produced, I wouldn't think it would be much more than 1,000.

Darwin was introduced at the end of last year, and since then he was used as Andante at this year's Breyerfest. It was recently revealed that he'll appear in the 2020 Stablemate Club in a black leopard Appaloosa color (probably intended to be a Knabstrupper or something similar), but I'm wondering when/if we're ever going to get him in his intended color: a Lipizzaner. Considering we still haven't gotten a solid black Django, it could be a while, but I hope we get one in the new regular runs for next year.

Other than that, where might we see Darwin pop up? If Breyer stays on their blind bag, unicorn, or unicorn blind bag kicks, we might see him there. I doubt he'll be at Breyerfest, unless he's some type of prize for the custom contest. Anything else seems unlikely. Maybe we'll get a new shadowbox with him in it? That would be the best! I'm going to cross my fingers for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment