Saturday, November 9, 2019

Featured Model - 11/9/2019, Hal

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary on it. This week's model is...Hal!



This guy is still relatively new - he was one of the Store Specials at this year's Breyerfest. He's item #711366 on the Dundee mold sculpted by Kitty Cantrell, with 1250 models produced.

Despite my rather poor photo of him, this model's paintjob is actually pretty nice - he isn't just flat chestnut, but has a lot of shading. Too bad the real Hal doesn't have more white - I'd personally prefer to see a sock or two and a blaze, but I guess we have to take what we can get.

I'm excited to see what Breyer does with Dundee in the coming years, provided he doesn't get lost in the shuffle of new molds we get every year (looking at you, Falhofnir and the Fell Pony). I'm excited to see the Collector Club special run on him next year - that rose grey is delightful!

So, where else might we see Dundee in the near future? Probably not at Breyerfest, since he was just there last year. Maybe as a web special? 2014 seemed like the year of the Gofferts, so it 's not unheard of that he could be used for multiple releases. I'd lean more toward web special myself, or perhaps some kind of holiday release. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment