Thursday, November 21, 2019

Georg, Rose and Mini-Rose are here!

Good news, everyone! My Georg and Rose set finally arrived (well, they've been here for a few days now), and I finally got some time to write about them. I'll start with Georg!



I really, really like this guy. Despite the banged tail, he's definitely handsome (and a chonk)!



If I had my way, he'd only have mane on one side of his neck, but that's a minor nitpick (along with the banged tail). He has a handsome face and I really like his topline and the way he's standing. And color me surprised that the painters actually managed to more-or-less pull off Sommer's paint job!



Quality-wise, he's very, very good - I didn't see a thing wrong with him, although the bottom edge of his dappled area could have been blended into the body color a little better - it stops a little abruptly for my tastes.

Next, let's see Rose and Mini-Rose!



Magnolia's millionth release of the year is actually quite pretty, with the silver and rosy pink. I'm hoping the models for next year don't use the same aesthetic as the current ones, though - the glitter flaking off them is getting old, as is the simplistic paint jobs. I didn't join the club just to help pay for more Mini Whinny molds I don't collect, so let's hope they mix things up a little bit next year.



I didn't see anything particularly egregiously wrong with these two, other than the warped legs on Mini Rose (but I suspect that's pretty common with the bendy plastic they use). I'm surprised the model can even still stand, really.

That's all I have for today - let's hope we find out what that upcoming web special is soon. So much for finding out "very soon," huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment