Friday, January 4, 2019

My Santa Surprises are here!

After what seemed like ages, my three Santa Surprises are finally here! I was pleasantly surprised to see all three boxes stacked up outside my door today, because the one my husband bought hadn't been scheduled for delivery until tomorrow. I wanted to wait and open all three boxes at the same time, which would have meant an agonizing extra-day wait. Fortunately, that didn't need to happen!

So, here are my boxes!



What could be inside? Could there be an elusive Coal in there? Or the ultimate trifecta - all three colors in one shot? Let's open the boxes!



Well, there's no Coal, sadly...but surely I got an assortment of colors?



Nope - I got the dreaded blue trifecta. While blue is my favorite color, three is too many! So I'll be looking to trade for a yellow and green. I'm not going to lie, after I unwrapped the first one, I was hoping one or two of the others would be broken so I could exchange them and hopefully get different colors, but alas, they all survived the shipping process. Hopefully I can find some trades! They aren't too bad, quality-wise - the one I kept has maybe one small flaw (other than his crooked horn, which they all suffer from), and the other two had some dings here and there, but nothing major. I've seen a lot of them arriving broken on Facebook, though, so it should go without saying that these models should have had bigger boxes. Hopefully Breyer will learn from that mistake, but I doubt it.

It was fun ordering these, though - getting three of the same color has never happened to me before, but that's the risk you take. I wonder what they'll do for Christmas next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment