Thursday, January 24, 2019

2019 blind bags are here!

Greetings, readers! Exciting news - my box of blind bag Stablemates came today! Was I lucky enough to get a chase piece? Sadly, no...(grr) But at least I got a full set otherwise! Is that a guarantee? I feel like it's not a guarantee.



I'm not keeping the bay Quarter Horse or palomino Magnolia, but included them  in the photo anyway for completion's sake.

Quality-wise, they were decent. I wasn't expecting perfection, but most of them had little nicks and rubs from the packaging. Like I said, I wasn't expecting a lot for 3.99 models. Fortunately I had multiples of each model to choose from, so I was able to put together a mostly-unflawed group of models I wanted to keep. There were only two of the Alborozos to choose from, which was disappointing, and one of those has warped legs and doesn't always want to stand, so he went on the reject pile.

I'd write more complaints about not getting the chase model when it seems like everyone and their dog is posing the ones they got on Facebook, but that's just beating a dead horse at this point. Maybe I'll find one for a decent price in the future.

So, these are the only 2019 releases I've purchased so far, but I am planning on ordering some stuff from Breyer as soon as they get more of the new releases in stock. Hurry up already! With the free shipping over $50 deal still on the website, it's looking like ordering from Breyer may actually be cheaper than buying from Amazon as long as I remember to use the Collector Club discount. Hopefully they get the rest of the new releases in stock soon!

Also, it sounds like the Vintage Club Stablemates from last year are finally shipping, so hopefully that means the Premier Club ones will go out soon as well. I need my Rosemary and Darwin!

No comments:

Post a Comment