Thursday, January 3, 2019

Breyerfest 2019 Tickets Available Now!

Exciting news, everyone! We may be trapped in the dead of winter with no end in sight, but at least Breyerfest tickets are up for sale on the website! If only they'd shown us some of the special run models we could hope to obtain, rather than the nothing that's on the website now. How long will they drag out the reveals this year, one wonders? But I digress...

Breyerfest tickets are for sale here. New this year: ticket buyers can select the special run line times they want. This could be handy if you want to be able to pick your line times. I'm not terribly picky about those things, so I'll probably just let them pick for me. It's almost a tradition to order tickets at this point and inevitably get at least one for first thing Friday morning, and who am I to interfere with tradition?

Interesting to see the ticket designs are the same shapes as last year. Presumably the buttons and magnets will be the same way. The ticket page doesn't seem to mention whether there are wristbands again this year, though.

They're also offering the lounge above the Covered Arena again this year, this time for the increased price of $35 per day. Uh, I think I'll pass.

This year's Breyerfest will feature some major schedule changes - the Costume Contest has been moved to Friday night before the Celebration of Horses, and the Live Auction has been moved to Saturday night from 5:30-6:30 at the Hall of Champions. This is probably a good thing as it frees up Open Show participants to attend the auction, and costume contest participants won't have to frantically rush to the Alltech after the Saturday raffle. People that want to attend the auction will most likely have to go to the Friday Celebration of Horses if they want to do both activities, however. I'm not sure what our plan is for this year - we're planning on bringing our son along, so I might have to attend the Celebration of Horses and auction on my own depending on when he goes to bed.

Also, volunteer applications are also available on the website now. Applications will be accepted between January 14 and February 28 this year. I'm not planning on volunteering this year, but good luck to everyone that applies! Interestingly enough, I'm in that photo of the volunteers in blue/green shirts on the volunteer page...but I won't tell you which one I am! Haha.

In other news, the food trucks will still be located in Celebration Park this year; hopefully they're in a spot more akin to where they were in 2017, so we won't have quite as much of a hike to get to them. And there's also going to be a pop-up shop in the Covered Arena itself this year, which should be interesting.

That's about all I have for today; hopefully we get more exciting Breyerfest reveals soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment