Friday, January 25, 2019

I found Serendipity!

And no, I'm not talking about that crappy movie! I found a Serendipity unicorn in the wild!



Isn't she pretty? I was cruising Brickseek a couple of days ago and happened to notice the Sarafina/Serendipity SKU had been restocked at our local Walmart. We aren't getting the Series 2 unicorn blind bags (or anything else) so I hadn't been expecting to find a Serendipity here, but I was pleasantly surprised to find two on the shelf! So one of them came home with me.

I'm not thrilled about how close the tip of her horn is to the edge of the box, though. You can see scratches in the plastic above where the horn has been coming into contact with the plastic. Fortunately there weren't any rubs in her paint, but I'm sure they won't all fare this well.

Anyway, here she is out of box!



Have I mentioned how much I like the color scheme they used on her? She's not rainbowy, but the box describes her mane and tail as "candy-colored," and I can agree with that. I love it!



I may just be a sucker for those colors used together, but either way I think she's great!



Quality-wise, she's pretty good - I didn't see any paint flaws at all, though she does have some spots of extra plastic here and there that should have been washed/ground off. All in all, though, she's very nice for a $15 Classic.

The existence of this model makes me wonder if we'll see another unicorn Harper in the future? Skyler and Sarafina were both preceded by slightly different unicorn releases on those molds, so I'm hoping we get another unicorn Harper as well. I'd definitely buy her!

No comments:

Post a Comment