Saturday, June 30, 2018

Featured Model - 6/30/2018, London Pride

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. We're dipping back into the Stablemates this week with...London Pride!



This pretty lady was produced for Breyerfest 2012. She was a run of 1,000 on the G3 Belgian mold sculpted by Jane Lunger. Along with three other Stablemates, she was one of the four possible One-Day Stablemates that year, all issued as item #711141.

The four One-Day Stablemates that year were all draft models named after beers, but apparently people didn't like (or just didn't get) Breyer's little joke about draft models = draft beers, because all four of them were readily available in the Breyer Store in 2013. That's where I snagged my three, and fell into a trap of foolishly not buying single-day tickets because I thought I'd just be able to find leftovers in the store the following year. I'm not sure why I kept doing that beyond 2013, because it's not like anyone was going to find leftovers of the 2013 One-Day Stablemates in 2014 - they were too popular!

I did finally start buying one-day tickets in 2016 (Still looking for a Crepe Suzette, by the by), but I'm not sure why it took me so long to learn my lesson about that. Just buy the stupid tickets!

Okay, enough yelling at myself. Back to the model. I really like this color on her - she's not just a flat black, but more of a smoky black. Plus she has all that bling going on, and a layer of gloss to boot! She's one of my favorite G3 Belgians.

We still haven't seen the G3 Belgian show up in the Stablemate Club, but hopefully next year! I have a weakness for drafters, and I'd love to see her used again! I did attend the local draft horse show in my town last week, though, so I may still have drafters on my mind. Ooh, what if they used her for next year's gambler's choice? There are still plenty of colors to paint her in - I bet she'd be a hit! Crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment