Monday, June 11, 2018

The 2018 Auction Model Countdown has begun!

Well, I don't know if it actually is a countdown this year, since they posted 5 (or 4, rather) auction models all at once and the countdown shouldn't have started until later this week, but anyway...we have auction models! Here's lot #1, on Halla (!):



I'm pretty sure that's the Halla, not the Bolya. We were told at Chasing the Chesapeake that the centerpiece model, Dixon, was made from the last of the Halla whiteware from before the mold was permanently altered to become Bolya. So are they super-serious about it being the last of the whiteware this time? How many more do they actually have?

As for the model itself, she's gorgeous! I would have called this one this year's chump change model, but I have a feeling she'll go high just because of the stunning paint job. She's a winner! I just wish her head was a little prettier - I'd be more inclined to collect the mold if it was.

Oh well. On to Lot 2, the Wyatt!



This one is less stunning to me, possibly because he isn't glossy. He definitely has a lot of detail in his paint job, though!

Next - the Clydesdale Stallion!



Looks like somebody decided to put Bluebird's color on this guy, only slightly less blue. Plus, he's a Packers fan! But I'm not really a fan of this one at all...I think it's his dark legs. I'd prefer to see lighter legs or even some white stockings...but that's just me.

Next - a mystery lot. Grr. It's becoming increasingly apparent that they're only doing this so we can't guess the surprise model in advance. Boo, hiss, etc.

And lastly, one we've seen before - Cloverleaf!



He's still described as silver bay on the blog, which irks me because he clearly isn't silver bay! And we know Breyer knows what silver bay is, because Callahan just came out! Gah.

That's all the auction models Breyer decided to grace us with today - maybe we'll get some more tomorrow! I'll be crossing all my fingers and toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment