Thursday, June 7, 2018

So many exciting things happening!

I'm woefully behind on the news lately! Firstly, in yesterday's excitement I didn't get a chance to post about the Breyerfest 2018 crystal being revealed. Meet Home Straight!



Bwuh? It's a crystal of the Sarah Rose Hambletonian resin! But I want this guy to be released in plastic! Wahhhh!

Also, as impressive as the crystal horses have become in recent years, this one kinda seems like a step backward in quality. Last year's Bobby Jo crystal was practically indistinguishable from the plastic sculpt, so I have to say I'm not terribly impressed by Home Straight. I don't collect the crystals anyway, though, so my opinion probably doesn't matter all that much. I'm hopeful that this means we'll eventually get Hambletonian in plastic, though!

In other exciting news, the latest entry in the 2018 Stablemate Club is available for purchase! Say hello to Sapporo!



Kind of an odd name there, but the description says he's inspired by "cool, snowy mountains," and Sapporo, Japan hosted the 1972 Winter Olympics, so there's that. This is the only release from this year's club that I actually want, so I couldn't hit the order button fast enough!

Lastly, the selections for the Scottsdale Stampede were released today. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my husband or I were drawn, but I'm hopeful that we'll get pulled from the waitlist. The starting ticket purchase deadline is on the 15th, so we won't have too long to wait...for the first waitlist round. I guess we'll see what happens!

(I'd grumble more about them switching up the ticket purchase method every time, but I suspect they do it in an attempt to keep the attendees from always being the same people.)

No comments:

Post a Comment