Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Meadowlark selections, Collector Club newsletter, another sneak peek and new arrivals!

 It's a smorgasbord of news today! Maybe we've finally moved past the news dead zone we've been stuck in for the last few weeks? First up, selections for Meadowlark are out, so check your email! I'm happy to say I was drawn to purchase her - huzzah! Only the second web special I've been drawn for this year, so I'm happy! Can't wait to see what she looks like in person! 

Secondly, the June Collector Club newsletter is out as well! Check your email to view that as well. Exciting changes are coming - the "My Collector Story" feature is being replaced by the "Collector Club Showcase," which will feature fan-created content, like short stories, collection photos and the like. Hmm, maybe I'll have to put my creative side to work and write a short story? 

This month's newsletter giveaway is a Checkers model on the Latigo mold. Entries close on July 12, so there's plenty of time to enter for him. 

Thirdly, there's a new sneak peek on the Breyerfest Blog! It says this is the last sneak peek of the season, and my guess is it's a raffle model - which means there must not be a third raffle after all. Oh well! It's glossy, and my (uneducated) guess is that it's a Fireheart. Edit: More astute people than me have concluded that it's a Roxy, and I think it looks like a match. Could she be our stock horse, making Desatado the surprise after all? Fortunately we only have to wait until tomorrow to find out - the release will probably coincide with the release of the Breyerfest program. 

And lastly, I have some new arrivals to unveil! Firstly, here's Livingston! 


















What a beauty! He would have arrived sooner, but there was some kind of shipping snafu with my dealer. 



















Definitely worth the wait, though - his color is really nice! 





















His quality was really nice, too - other than a small box rub, he's pretty much flawless - at least for my purposes. 

I'm also happy to say I was able to trade my Puffin for a Goldfinch! While I liked Puffin, I couldn't turn down the chance to add Goldfinch to my Silver collection. 





















He's a beauty too! I love the frosting on his mane and tail, and his color is really nice.





















Just a stunning model. Sommer has really been knocking it out of the park with her designs for Breyer.





















He does have a hair in the gloss on his off side, which is a bit disappointing, but I'm still happy to have been able to trade for him. 

That's all I have for today, but I'll be anxiously awaiting the program release tomorrow! I wonder if there'll be any surprises in there? Auction models, maybe? I hope so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment