Saturday, June 5, 2021

Featured Model - 6/5/2021, 2013 Auction Ruffian

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the 2013 Breyerfest Auction Ruffian! 













This model was a OOAK piece produced for the 2013 Breyerfest live auction, done on the Ruffian mold sculpted by Sue Sifton. 

I picked this model because she looks like a matte predecessor to Goldfinch! Okay, Goldfinch is a bit yellower, but there's definitely a resemblance. I'm not sure I like the stripes, though, especially in the tail. It makes me want to look up how much she sold for - I don't even remember her being in the auction, even though I was there (only to observe). Anyway, other than the stripes, she looks good in buttermilk buckskin. 

We just saw a new Ruffian a few weeks ago with the debut of Home and Away, the special run from the True Blue Breyer event, so it's hard to say where we'll see her next. Now that I think about it, though...she's never been a TSC special run, so maybe she'll pop up there next year. If they were already putting her into production for TSC, it would be easy to divert some 52 blanks for a True Blue special run. I suppose it won't be too long until we find out! Other than TSC, I'm not sure where else we might see her - Ruffian's last Breyerfest outing was a bit of a flop (still not sure how that happened). It's been a good few years since she was a raffle model, so maybe she'll show up there? Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment