Tuesday, June 8, 2021

I guess I spoke too soon...

 Well, looks like I should have kept my mouth shut one more day, because the 2021 Mid-Year releases are here! Let's start with the one we've all been waiting for: 




















WGH CH Marc of Charm!! That's right, the model rumored to be one of the Breyerfest store specials in 2019 (or was it 2020?) is finally here! He's definitely going on my want list, though I hope the mane and tail are less yellow in person. 

Next, we have Tiz the Law! 




















Seems like kind of a random choice for a Thoroughbred portrait, but that Lonesome Glory is beautiful! Must add him to the collection!

















This lovely black Arabian is KB Omega Fahim, a Shagya Arabian stallion who specializes in dressage. I love the blue sheen to the color! Another one I'll have to add to the collection! 














Ooh, a black Malik! I love it. Though I really think the Shagya Arabian, or another (not-yet-existing) mold would be the best fit for the Black, as he's frequently described as being too big to be pure Arabian and Malik looks Arabian to the core. But I digress...


















The horses-as-food series appears to be continuing, with Red Velvet! Ooh, I love red velvet cake...but I don't collect this mold. Looks like an interesting color, though! 

















And lastly...Thriller, this year's Halloween model! Apparently dealers are being limited to 12 of these, so be sure to reserve yours fast. I just preordered mine, so hopefully it goes through and I'm the proud owner of a Thriller! 

3 comments:

  1. I wish they would have used a different mold for Red Velvet. Nothing against the mold, but, it’d be fun to have a row of *varied* decorator pasty/dessert classics!
    // Have you seen the mid-year stablemates? There are some pretty ones!
    // I’m also trying to process my feelings for Thriller. I was super excited to see this year’s Halloween horse, and now I have, I’m just.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a mold I collect would have been a good choice for Red Velvet, as I love the real thing! I posted about the mid-year stablemates back on May 3, so my thoughts about them are listed there. I was a little unsure about Thriller as well, but he reminds me of something like a cartoon zombie, like something in Scribblenauts or a kids' animated show. Someone on Blab said the white streaks in the hair reminded them of Bride of Frankenstein, though, so that's probably what they were going for. Either way, I gotta have one!

      Delete
  2. i definitely agree with your thoughts on The Black and how the shagya arabian mold would work best out of what they have. once i saw that Omega Fahim i thought now /that/ looks more like the Black, and it’s just a disappointment they keep going with molds that don’t fit him or capture him decently. i mean the Sham mold they had him on was alright, it still didn’t capture his features that i think he should have, but to me that was better. this malik choice doesn’t make a lot of sense to me (this type of arabian comes off as having more pony features-not just in size- and that’s part of why it doesn’t fit imo) and he’s a classic scale. and the not making sense to me is heightened with putting out a better suited mold in a traditional scale at the same time in a black color that demonstrates how much more it looks like the Black lol


    and yes i would love if they did make a new mold based on him, that would be the best choice (i’m an amauter beginner slowly dabbling in customizing breyers myself, and i’ve thought about if i ever get decent i would try and make the black myself lol) . it doesn’t make sense to me why they haven’t done it. i don’t know the ins and out of everything involving breyer and their models, and i know that a lot of the time they can get away with using an existing mold for a horse, but sometimes i feel like there’s certain horses, fictional and nonfictional, that would rly bring something to having a new mold. like take zenyatta for example, i think she looks like herself on the lonesome glory mold and is beautiful, but, it was a missed opportunity to make zenyatta in her own mold doing her little dance with her legs. i think that would’ve been a great new mold to have, besides having zenyatta doing her trademark pose.

    and having the Black who is very unique in his own look and spirit, on his own new mold would rly be appropriate. and he should be traditional scale, and he shouldn’t be a tiny little traditional like whatever arabian mold thunder’s on-and personally i think basing him off John Rowe’s art of him for the first Black Stallion book would be a good base. the black doesn’t have ponyish features there and has more of that look that fits him imo.

    (btw, i feel like the esprit mold captures in a way what the Black should exemplify and exude, just make him more shagya arabian looking)

    ReplyDelete