Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Breyerfest Blues

I got hit by the Breyerfest Blues as soon as I woke up Monday morning - the sad realization that Breyerfest was over for another year and there wouldn't be any room sales that evening. Sad times...but, at least I was there and got to experience it for another year. Breyerfest is my favorite event of the year, and I love being right in the middle of it and experiencing all that goes on!

So we packed up our things Monday morning and headed home. It's a 1,000-mile drive for us, so we didn't get home until last night - with just enough time to get some unpacking done before we hit the sack to go back to reality the next day.

Of course, now that Breyerfest is over we probably won't have fun daily reveals like the auction models, etc. Hopefully they get that fourth America the Beautiful web special put up soon, though - maybe next week? And as soon as August rolls around we should be seeing what the next Stablemate Club model is. I believe Duende is due out in August as well - and they'll probably throw the Breyerfest leftovers on the website sometime in August, too! So there are plenty of exciting things coming!

I'd post some photos and reviews of my Breyerfest models, but that'll probably have to wait until tomorrow - my good camera is locked in my husband's car and I can't get to it right now.

I could speculate about next year's Breyerfest, with the racing theme, but I'm not feeling a lot of inspiration about that. Clearly there'll be a few Premier Club molds in the special run lineup, which already means they aren't going to adhere to the theme very well, considering True North is a warmblood, Duende is an Iberian, and the prevailing thought is that the Eberl set coming up is a draft mare and foal. Who knows, though - it could be some type of sporthorse that might be able to be passed off as Thoroughbreds. We already have Giselle and Gilen though, so my bet is still on it being a draft mare and foal. So, that's three special run line items already that won't match the theme except for the names. As for the animal, the only thing I can think of for them to use would be a goat, since goats are frequently companion animals for racehorses. Is the Goat mold really big enough for that, though? I think it's more Classic-scale than Traditional. I guess we'll have to wait and see - only six more months until they reveal the Celebration model! Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment