Friday, July 28, 2017

New Arrivals: Navya, Vivaan and Mishti

This will be my last Breyerfest New Arrivals post! Yay, I'm finally done! Next week I'm hoping to post some photos and commentary about things in the Collector Club tent, if I can find the time. But time is short, so let's move on and take a look at Navya!

 

I was a little apprehensive about this guy's color in the promotional photos, but in person I love him. He's glossy and flawless and his colors go together really nicely - and he's translucent to boot! Excellent all around.

 

This pretty much proves that Breyer could release Django in any color and I'd be all over it. Hmm...I think we're due for new Stablemates next year. Dare I hope Django is one of the new releases?

 

Sorry for the blurriness of that photo. If I have one nitpick about this model, it's that I wish the eyes had been a little more detailed. The rest of him is too detailed to have those black dots for eyes! Oh well.

Next: Vivaan!

 

I really like this model, but I really like silver bay, so I may be biased. I love how pearly his mane and tail are - he looks like a mini Jubilee

 

 I didn't see any flaws on this guy, either - I love it when Breyer does a good job on their Stablemates, and the Breyerfest ones are usually pretty nice. I definitely wouldn't protest to see Django in this color!

And finally, Mishti:



I'm not as enamored with this model as I am with Vivaan, for some reason. I think her lack of pearliness is kind of a letdown after Vivaan, and she isn't as eye-catching as Django either. Hmm.

 

Maybe I just need some time to warm up to her. She's definitely a pretty girl!

 

I almost hoped this model would have a blue eye or two, but I suppose that would have been too much detail even for Breyer. The eyewhites are nicely done, though.

And that brings me to the end of the Breyerfest 2017 models. I had a blast at this year's Breyerfest (as usual) and I hope to attend again next year. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment