Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Another Test Model on Breyer Website! (And Blog Name Change)


It's a new month, and that (apparently) means - Breyer has another test run on the website! This time it's a Glossy Bay Appaloosa Clydesdale Mare:



She's certainly...interesting. Her mane is reminiscent of SBH Phoenix's stripey mane. I'm guessing this is an older test - the splatter spots layered over top of the rest of the paint job are a little goofy-looking, but whatevs.

The Clydesdale Mare is still another example of a mold that I used to collect, but later sold off the three I had (sadly, in the case of my Gladwin Lucky Grey Lady). If I win this model, it will be for sale; I always welcome the chance to recoup some of the money I spend in this hobby. If nothing else, it makes my credit card happy! Good luck to all who enter!

In other news, some of you may have noticed the name of the blog has changed to Model Horse Madness. Evidently, when I was first creating the blog, I neglected to change the blog's web address to Model Horse Mania from my original Model Horse Madness choice. (I went from Madness to Mania to try to downplay the, uh, insanity angle of the hobby. Maybe that's just my own insecurity talking.) When I finally noticed I hadn't changed the blog's web address to Mania and tried to fix it, I discovered the Model Horse Mania name was already taken! D'oh! Of course, I didn't notice this until after I watermarked the blog's outdated name onto all of my photos.

So, to make a long story short, the blog's name has now reverted back to Model Horse Madness. Let's admit it...you have to be a little crazy to be in this hobby, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment