Greetings, readers! Well, we've finally reached the end of New Arrivals - I did get a few other models while in KY, but this wraps up all the Breyerfest models and I need to get started on Breyerfest Closeups before more of those releases start to pop up. So, let's start with the matte bay Scandi Surprise!
I do like the shading on the bays, though I think I ranked this color fifth? Not sure. Middle of the pack, anyway. Not to say it's a bad color, because it looks great on him.
As usual, the color looks better in glossy. And it appears that I got a variation matte one, because Breyer's photos show a light muzzle on the matte bay, but mine has a really dark muzzle (at least on the sides). Interesting!
Lastly for this year, we have the appaloosa Maya! I do like black appaloosas, so I rank her second of the three colors, but I still wish one of them had been glossy (or all of them?). Oh well. Maybe next year!



My traveling companion managed to get 2 bay Scandis too. We were surprised that one was lighter in color than the other. She sold one of them and I don't remember if the one she kept had a lighter muzzle as well
ReplyDeleteI also found the black leopard "Maya" @ Breyerfest. At first, she was my least favorite color of the 3- but the more I saw of her, she grew on me!! I'm surprised that all of the leopards that they're releasing are black headed(including the Scandi) Is that normal??
Just gotta find the chest. pinto now and I'll have the whole set!
Oh shoot! Forgot to ask---DO you think that the blk. appy. could pass as a British Spotted Pony? I plan to show my black leopard Scandi but can't decide if I should show him as a Sporthorse or 1/2 breed cross??
ReplyDelete