Monday, August 3, 2026

New Arrivals: Scandi Surprise Matte and Glossy Bay and Appaloosa Maya

 Greetings, readers! Well, we've finally reached the end of New Arrivals - I did get a few other models while in KY, but this wraps up all the Breyerfest models and I need to get started on Breyerfest Closeups before more of those releases start to pop up. So, let's start with the matte bay Scandi Surprise! 
















I do like the shading on the bays, though I think I ranked this color fifth? Not sure. Middle of the pack, anyway. Not to say it's a bad color, because it looks great on him. 

















As usual, the color looks better in glossy. And it appears that I got a variation matte one, because Breyer's photos show a light muzzle on the matte bay, but mine has a really dark muzzle (at least on the sides). Interesting! 















Lastly for this year, we have the appaloosa Maya! I do like black appaloosas, so I rank her second of the three colors, but I still wish one of them had been glossy (or all of them?). Oh well. Maybe next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment