Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Special run numbers and some Breyerfest New Arrivals!

 Greetings, readers! I have some good news - the special run numbers for Breyerfest were finally released today! The final breakdown can be found here, but I've copy-pasted the verbiage below:


If you brought home that adorable mare and foal pair, Surrey & Axle, you might have noticed that we snuck in a variation for cute little Axle – this adorable blanket appaloosa foal was a 50/50 split between the Action Stock Horse Foal mold (#235) and the Standing Stock Horse Foal mold (#228)! 

Fan-favorite Wells, created on the loose mane version of Shannondell in a handsome silver dapple black, was this year’s 50/50 matte and glossy split. We think he looks dashing in either finish!

You might have guessed that the name for this year’s Fell Pony, Scurry, was a clue at a possible variation! Scurry driving is a fast-paced sport where a pair of ponies pulls a cart across a course, so we had to give fans a fun pair of this model in two colorways! Scurry was done as a 50/50 split in both red bay tobiano and perlino tobiano!

We were wowed when we learned about the Jump & Drive event hosted in Aachen, so to give our Jump & Drive model a bit more of a “wow factor” for fans, we did this already handsome glossy sooty buckskin splash pinto on the Bristol mold as a 50/50 mane and tail split. Half of this model had the loose mane and tail, and half had the braided mane and tail.

The handsome Speos really shook things up for fans when folks discovered this variation!  Only 10% of this handsome model was done in a stunning red and black colorshift decorator finish, for a total of 240 pieces!

The beautiful Araba was also done as a micro-run variation! 10% of this stunning model – 240 pieces – was done as a beautiful rose grey sabino pinto, which we fell in love with here at HQ.

And finally, for our last Special Run reveal, the adorable Peanutine!  This cute spotted donkey stole everyone’s hearts at this year’s BreyerFest, and we thought it would be fun to include a fun decorator variation! 10% of the run was done in a stunning rose/green/gold colorshift that really makes him shine – a total of 200 pieces!

For fans who purchased our online-only Limited Edition models Studebaker and Buggy, we revealed BreyerFest weekend that we created fun variations of these models, too!  Which one did you get? Only 10% of each run was done as the variation! A total of 250 pearly blue/purple colorshift tobiano pinto Studebakers were created and just 200 pearly gold glossy Buggy models were made!


I'm a little surprised by some of these - I thought the deco Speos was way more common, as well as the blue Studebaker judging by the number of them I've seen on Facebook. I guess I got luckier with the Speos than I thought I did! I'm glad we finally got these numbers, though - it seemed like it was taking forever for them to be released. We'll get the Stagecoach Surprise numbers tomorrow for some reason. 

But in the meantime, two of my three online Breyerfest orders arrived today! I made two orders of Studebaker and Buggy, and one order of just Studebaker. This morning I had still not received any shipping notices, nor did UPS My Choice show anything coming my way, so I called Breyer to ask when they would ship and was informed that all three orders would be delivered today! Huzzah! 

So, a couple of hours later, I was super excited when my doorbell rang! When I opened the door...there were only two boxes outside the door instead of three. Whatever! I guess the third one will show up tomorrow...I hope? Anyway, it was my first two orders, with Studebaker and Buggy. I opened the Buggys first, so take a look at what I got! 


 







Yes! I got both colors! 
















I guess I should feel super-lucky, since we now know the alternate Buggy was a run of 200! 

Next I opened my two Studebakers:

















Not so lucky there - two palominos. I'm not sure which one I want to keep - the one in front is way more metallic, but the seam on her mane wasn't smoothed very well and has some kind of black debris in it in a couple of places. The other one is less metallic, but less flawed. Not sure what I'm going to do just yet. I still have one more Studebaker coming, so with just a little more luck it'll be blue and I won't need to get anything from the leftovers sale for the first time in...probably ever. I do still need a glossy black pinto Stagecoach Surprise, but I'm not really interested in taking that gamble for one model - the less extra stuff I have to sell right now, the better.

Well, that's all for today - tune in again tomorrow for the Stagecoach Surprise numbers and hopefully a resolution to the mystery of the last Studebaker! 




1 comment:

  1. I also ordered two of Buggy and was lucky enough to get both! I'm a massive fan of the django mold and am VERY glad I don't have to worry about finding that gold one second hand now!

    ReplyDelete