Friday, July 21, 2023

Matte Cancion is here!

 Well, I'm not ready to start on the Breyerfest Closeups yet, though I did upload the photos from my camera today. Progress is being made! But never fear - I do have something else to post about. My matte Cancion arrived last Thursday while we were in Kentucky, and I unboxed him yesterday, so I'm going to post about him today! Behold:


















The dapples on his show side are nice and subtle. 

















The dapples aren't quite as subtle on the off side. But that's his off side, so it shouldn't show too much. 

















I like his stubby little ears, and his slightly windblown mane. Kinda wish the edge of the mane was painted a little better.

















He has such a nice face! Not sure if he just looks super friendly or what it is. His Fabio-esque locks are really cool too. 





















Quality-wise, he's pretty good, other than the sloppy mane painting. Unfortunately, he has an extremely visible seam on his face that I don't think is a seam split? I'm not sure if it didn't quite get sanded or bonded correctly or what happened. I couldn't get a thin piece of paper to go into the crack, so I don't think it's an actual split...yet, anyway. Kind of disconcerting if a brand-new model on a brand-new mold from Breyer could arrive with that bad of a split, though (if it is one). Not sure if I want to go through the hoopla of trying to get another one or not, since the person I bought him from would have to get involved and I kinda have enough on my plate already. Let's just hope it doesn't get any bigger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment