Thursday, June 29, 2023

FINALLY!

 Good news, readers! We finally got something Breyerfest-related today - the reveal of the last few live auction models! Insert grumbling about how there used to be more auction models here. Anyways, here they are! Some of them are still weirdly cropped. There are a few lots still to be revealed, such as (presumably) the raffle models and the live show grand and reserve prizes. But anyway! 









That's a Strapless done as a sooty palomino with, well, puzzle-piece dapples. At least that's what they look like to me. Pretty, though! 









This one is a wild bay frame overo Lonesome Glory - it's a popular mold, so he'll probably go high. Still, I can't help but wonder what he'd look like in gloss. 









This one is a Semi-Rearing Mustang in a grullo tobiano with cat tracks. Cool, but it'd be nice if we could see the whole photo? 









Ooh, now these are interesting, even if the mare's face is marked like a giraffe. The mare is a pearly chestnut leopard appaloosa and the foal is a pearly black leopard appaloosa. It'll be interesting to see what these sell for - they're a bit odd-looking, but cute nonetheless.









Ooh, I really like this one, especially the two-toned wings! The blog says he's a glossy metallic blue overo, but he looks like there's some green in the mane, tail and wings. Can't wait to see this one in person so I can get some photos! I wonder if the wings are removable? Usually they are, and it does look like they slot into his back. Someday will we get a more attainable winged release of this guy, since they've done at least one test like this before? I can only hope! 

Well, this knocks a few more molds out of contention for the surprise - I'm going to guess it's Goffert at this point, unless he pops up as a raffle model or something. Speaking of raffle models, I can't remember if I've posted my raffle predictions yet, so here goes: Georg and Cancion. Would Breyer use two standing molds in the same year? Who knows, but that's what I'm going with. Guess we'll find out eventually! 

In other news, this year's mid-year releases are now available to order on Breyer's website, though the new Strapless won't be shipping until August. I thought about ordering a Mojave, but I'm going to take my chances and hope they have him in the Breyer Store at Breyerfest since that's what I did last year. Here's hoping! 

Edit: the rest of the auction models and the raffle models are now posted on the auction website! Check them out here. Looks like I was right about Cancion as a raffle model, but the other one is Fireheart! Gah! 






















There is a Georg auction model, though:









Along with the German Riding Pony, Carina and Selene, Anamar and the PAM. Notably, there's no Goffert...but also no Hamilton, so the speculation will continue. I'm sticking with Goffert, though! Hamilton is way too popular and doesn't need the surprise boost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment