Thursday, June 8, 2023

Auction models! We've got auction models! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

 Alert, Breyerfest attendees! An email went out today that starting this year, Breyer will no longer be accepting cash in most purchases at the KHP during Breyerfest, with a few exceptions. Also, 6% sales tax will now be charged on purchases, rather than being built into the sale price as it always was prior. I'm a bit conflicted about this, but...gotta get with the times, I guess. There will be 3 reverse ATMs at the Horse Park (put cash in, get prepaid cards out, while supplies last), so that's something. I'll still be taking cash at the Clarion, but maybe I'll get a prepaid card before I leave so I don't have to depend on the reverse ATMs too much. Anyways, Breyer must have decided we needed a distraction from this news, so...here are some auction models! Behold! 









Lot #1 is a beautiful black leopard appaloosa Ashquar! Be still, my heart. I love him! 









Lot #2 is a glossy dapple chestnut sabino Pacer, which...would be nice, if it weren't for that, uh...oopsie with his front leg. I mean, maybe they did it on purpose so he wouldn't be so tippy? But like...wow, I'm kind of surprised the Pacer has only been an auction model four times before and the most recent of those was 21 (!) years ago. But anyway...that bent leg, oof. 









Lot #3 is OH MY GOD FORGET WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE ASHQUAR, BE STILL MY HEART! I LOVE THIS ONE!! That looks like the Oasis tail to boot! 










Lot #4 is a handsome gray pinto Huck that I'm oddly not that excited about. Maybe it's the mostly-white head? 

Lot #5 and 6 are being skipped, I guess, probably just to annoy us. Anyways...









Lot #7 is a handsome chestnut splash Stretch Morgan. He looks chalky, to boot! And might have a blue eye? I like his white tail, too. 

That's it for today's distractions - dare I hope we get more tomorrow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment