Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Breyerfest second chance items!

 Good news, readers - my Breyerfest second chance items arrived yesterday. If you’ll recall, I ordered two more Rhenish Drafts in an attempt to get a glossy one, and I’m happy to report that the second one was in fact glossy!




Huzzah! What a beauty - this color looks great in gloss.



Quality-wise he’s okay, but has the usual flaws like poorly-cleaned seams, lint in the gloss, etc. But at least I got a glossy, and the Georg conga is complete again, for now anyway.

I suppose I should give a heads up now that my posts may be spotty for the next few days as we move to another residence. On top of that, my entire collection will be going into storage for the foreseeable future, so if anyone has any tips on how to store models for the long term, I’m all ears. I have not been able to secure a climate-controlled storage unit yet, so the current plan is to put them in the non-climate-controlled unit I already have and hope a climate-controlled one opens up in the near future. Let’s hope a short stint in non-climate-controlled storage doesn’t do much damage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment