Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Breyerfest Closeups: Constantia

 Greetings, readers! Today marks the triumphant return of Breyerfest Closeups, a series of posts I usually do after each year's Breyerfest, featuring the sneak peeks of upcoming releases seen in the Collector Club tent. Today I'll start with Constantia! 















I definitely like her up close, although that right hind leg looks a little weird to me. Probably just the angle. 















Here's an angle we (probably) haven't seen yet - top-down. She definitely looks like she's moving at full speed.




















I think the thing I like most about this mold is hard to describe. Bristol is the same way - they both look like a moment perfectly captured in time, frozen in place yet they look like they could come to life and dart away any second. Here's a photo I took of a pacer winning a race during our trip to NZ back in May:
















Despite the fact that the horse is pacing, Constantia looks very similar to this - like she could leap off the table and trot away. That's why I like her! I like her face, too. 

That's all I have for today - check back soon for another installment of Breyerfest Closeups! 

1 comment: