Tuesday, July 26, 2022

New Arrivals: Get Rowdy, Snowbird and Chablis

 Greetings, loyal readers! Over the last few days, I haven't been able to shake the feeling that I was missing something during these post-Breyerfest doldrums. It seemed like there was something I was supposed to be doing...so I took a look back at old blog posts to see if I could figure out what it was. 

And then I promptly felt like an idiot, because I had totally forgotten I used to do New Arrivals and Breyerfest Closeups posts after Breyerfest every year! The last year I did New Arrivals was in 2020, apparently, and I haven't done Breyerfest Closeups since 2019 for obvious reasons. On a related note, it turns out you forget a lot of stuff you used to do/plan/pack for Breyerfest when you end up not going to Kentucky for 3 years, as our multiple trips to a Lexington Walmart showed us. It doesn't help that my memory has become atrocious since my kids were born. 

Anyway, let's get started with a brand-new New Arrivals post! I'll start with Get Rowdy: 















I normally don't buy RR stuff at Breyerfest, but the prospect of saving on shipping plus instant gratification won out. So I have a Get Rowdy in my collection! His dapples are nicely understated, and there aren't as many of them, so less chance of getting one with chicken-wire dapples. Need I say more? 

Next, here's Snowbird, sans tack:
















His color is interesting - he almost looks like a chestnut-going-gray. There are also new promo photos from Breyer depicting a much-lighter Snowbird than the original promo photo showed - I'm not sure which end of the spectrum my guy is from, since he still looks fairly dark to me. Oh well. His costume is pretty, though it did make me wonder if it was in fact removable, because I could not find a way to get it off the horse. Fortunately I did figure out how to get it off eventually, but it was a bit of a tense moment! 

I did snag a Battlefield Angel from the store as well, but ended up selling it to a tired dad who was trying to find one for his daughters to get autographed by the real horse's owners. I'll have to snag another one at some point. 

Lastly, let's take a look at Chablis! 

















As usual, I vastly prefer the braided Idocus to his original loose mane (still don't have a braided Brunello, or Nirvana, though). His paint job is nice, too! Kinda interesting that this mold has now been used for portraits of three similarly-marked bay horses. He's just infinitely more attractive to me with the braids than with his original bad toupee-looking hair. Who knows, maybe this mold would have been a better seller from the start if he'd started out with the braids instead of the loose mane/tail. I know it makes me like him a lot more! 

That's it for today - check back soon for more New Arrivals! 

1 comment:

  1. I was able to get both Snowbird and Maelstrom the first day, glad I did! I don't have to stress about them now :D

    ReplyDelete