Saturday, July 9, 2022

Featured Model - 7/9/2022, Running with Scissors Farm Tour pt.3

  Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model that has an interesting history behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. A few weeks ago I received a request to do a collection tour, so I thought it might be fun to do a few Featured Model posts featuring my collection. Last week was part 2 of the tour; now for part 3, the thrilling conclusion! 




Continuing downward from the top of Shelf 4, this shelf got some rearranging recently due to space being freed up. I had been keeping Classics models separated from everything else, but decided to move the Harpers over here since there was plenty of space. On the very bottom you can see the FAF "Ara-Appaloosa Foal," which was my very first Breyer (with the very imaginative name "Spot") back in the '90s. That shelf is a bit crowded, unfortunately, but I like to keep foals on the same shelves due to the narrow shelving arrangement. 














I'm including this one so you can see the poor Georgs on the floor underneath. I could probably find space for them somewhere else if I tried hard enough. I guess there's a better view of the Ara-Appaloosa Foal in this photo too. Huh - I just realized there's at least one Thoroughbred Mare/Nursing Foal set I don't have listed on my trades list. I should probably add them! 













Moving right along, this is the closet on the west wall of the room. By some trick of fate, those shelves were already in the closet when we moved in. So all we had to do was take the closet doors off and presto! More space for the ponies. I know the dark space on top isn't ideal for displaying models, and it was empty at one point, but lack of space eventually demanded some ponies move up there. And yes, that is part of my childhood collection of the Thoroughbred Series books! Those and the Black Stallion were probably my favorite books as a kid. As you can see, the Le Fires are an exception to my policy of keeping all foals on the same shelves, because they just look goofy by themselves and well...lack of space demanded it. 
















Here's the rest of the closet shelves. Sadly that is a double row of Silvers next to the Ruffians, which also isn't ideal. On the very bottom is where I store various things such as flattened Premier Club boxes, various other boxes I don't want to get rid of (the occasional Vintage Club box, the original Ethereal series boxes, velvet bags, Premier Club suede bags, a large variety of Stablemates bags and boxes, unsold Clarion sales items, sales supplies, pony pouches and other random stuff like that. The rest of the Thoroughbred Series books are in there too. Well, most of the rest of them - I stopped buying them at book 50. 















And lastly, here's a view of part of our (very '90s) entertainment center in the living room, the only place where model horse stuff is displayed outside of the horse room. The focal point is my silver filigree collection (my favorite paint job). Above them, current-year Premier Club models are displayed. If this were a normal year, those models from last year would already be gone and...hmm, actually, they would probably still be there since I'm selling my Zafirah anyway. Never mind then! Sorry about the dust. That can of canned air really needs to be used! 

It's not visible in the photo, but any newly-arrived models go on the entertainment center to the left of the photo, and they accumulate there until I get around to photographing them for the collection and then putting them away on the shelves. And that's about it! That brings us to the end of the collection tour. I hope you enjoyed it! It'll be Breyerfest time in less than a week - I'm so excited to get back to Kentucky and see everyone! I hope everyone has a safe trip getting to Kentucky and a good time at Breyerfest! 

1 comment:

  1. This has been my favorite series of blog posts on your blog yet. Oh, and I am in utter love with your Black Eyed Susan. 🤤

    ReplyDelete