Thursday, July 14, 2022

Breyerfest Day 0: Actually Quite Pleasant

 Greetings, readers! I'm happy to report that we made it to the Clarion and have been doing pretty good sales from Room 409. Feel free to stop in and mention the blog for a free Stablemate! The weather has been pretty good so far - usually July in Kentucky is enough to make you wince every time you step outside, but that doesn't seem to be the case here just yet - as long as you stay in the shade.

I can announce that the Breyerfest Live glossies have been revealed - Adamek (NOOOOOO) and the palomino Orren Mixer. I don't have photos I can use yet, however.

Breyer also broke all our hearts today by revealing that the Rhenish Draft will be available in both matte and glossy finishes, randomly shipped:



That means I’ll have to order two of them, dangit.


I also just returned from a trip to the Artisan's Gallery - chaos as always, but I'm happy to finally be back in Kentucky after three years! Here's some of what I saw, starting with Snowbird, this year's Holiday Horse:















I'm definitely going to try to snag one of these at the Breyer Store tomorrow, he's too pretty to leave behind. Guess my husband will have to find something else to buy me for Christmas this year.

Next, here's a not-so-great in-hand (literally!) Zafirah photo:















Next, a shot of various 2022 releases, including the new mid-year release Battlefield Angel. There's also a glimpse at this year's Halloween Horse:















And this year's Stablemates Club gambler's choice: 















I'm still liking the decorator best (is that really a surprise at this point?).

Next, a shot of Constantia:















I definitely like her, but I'm not sure I like how sharp the edges of her markings are with that "roaning" on top of them. Seems like they should be less defined.

Here are some Breyerfest special runs:















Didn't get a great picture of Stein, I guess. I'll make up for that later. Here are some more! 















While I was taking these photos, the volunteers behind the booth were having a debate about smelling the bears and whether they would smell like anything - apparently they've been getting a lot of questions about that (it was announced that they would be scented, presumably like gummy bears). One of the volunteers did eventually pick one of them up and take a sniff. Hah! 

Here's a previously-unseen woodgrain (?) Indian Pony for the Vintage Club. Aren't we missing one more VC release? The optional model maybe? 
















Unfortunately, that was all there was to see for the VC. Notice the Kingfisher in the background, taunting me. Someday I'll find one.















Looks like the single-day Stablemates are in boxes this year - I was hoping for bags again, but I guess not. 
















I had to backtrack a little to get this photo, as I'd failed to notice the Stablemates Club stuff, including the optional mini Fireheart for later this year. He's darker than I expected, though it could have just been the lighting - the Clarion isn't exactly known for its great lighting.

That's all I have for today - check back tomorrow night sometime for a full report on the Breyerfest Day 1 happenings! Uh, it may be kinda late, as we're probably going to attend the show at the Alltech Arena and get that out of the way. But it'll come at some point, never fear! Hopefully before midnight. Ciao for now - I can't wait until tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no... I thought I didnt need the Rhennish Draft....

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great photos! Oh the Gambler's Choice SMs. <3 And that standie. <3 Thank you for posting these.

    ReplyDelete