Friday, November 12, 2021

New test run and Black Friday sale!

I guess it's that time again, people - time for another test run to pop up for sale on the website! Check him out: 


















He's a fleabitten gray test run on the Traditional Black Stallion Mold. Well, uh...he's cool and all, but I don't think he's $950 cool. Seems a bit steep for a mold that isn't terribly popular...but with the sky-high prices for auction and test models lately, who knows anymore. Maybe the resellers won't bother to enter for this one so the people who actually want him can have a chance at him. We can always hope, right? 

In other news, the Black Friday sale has apparently already started, and Collector Club members have early access. Check out the sale items here - many of them sold out pretty quickly, including Nayati, Ashquar, Tamu and Chai and a few others. Other things have decidedly not sold out, including the candy cane zebras that are being sold at a price that's actually higher than their original sale price. If they were lower, maybe I'd order one and hope to get a black one, but at $150 a pop, that's not happening. You'd think more of their regular run stuff would be on sale, also (aside from Collecta models) but there isn't much of that, really. Oh well. 

In other other news, the new pin board is finally available for purchase, at $35 (ouch!), but it does come with a special Secretariat pin, so there's that. It qualifies for the collector club discount, and it's not hard to add on a few pins to get to the free shipping, so...I may have ordered a pin or five. My VIP pins needed some company, okay? And speaking of pins, when are Breyerfest VIP ticket holders going to get their special "We're sorry" pins we were supposed to get? Let's hope we get an update on that soon, along with a reveal of that blue sneak peek from the October CC newsletter! 

1 comment:

  1. I collect pins, $35 does seem very high for a board but if you want the special pin I guess it's worth it. Personally I display my pins on those pre stretched canvases you can get at Michaels or even 5 Below. They come in lots of different sizes, then I cover them with a cute piece of flannel fabric. I did buy the Equidae pin for my rainbow theme board.

    ReplyDelete