Friday, November 26, 2021

Astrid is here!

 Greetings, readers! I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. It's been pretty slow around here for the last few days, arrivals-wise - I didn't buy Brunhilde or enter for Midas, but I do have one more new arrival - Astrid! Not sure what, if anything, else is going to be arriving in the near future. 















There's been a lot of commentary about this one on The Internets, mostly centering around how narrow she is through the chest (horribly narrow for something as beefy as Fjords tend to be) and just how small she is (though Fjords aren't huge, they're usually a little bigger than this). 
















I haven't managed to get my hands on a matte one yet, but I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. Her paint job is, of course, more simplistic on the plastic models than it was on the resin prototype - story of our lives, really. 






















Quality-wise she's quite nice, although that eye does leave something to be desired. I really like the way her tail flows, though, and it'll be interesting to see what Breyer does with her next. I'm sure she'll probably be a raffle model for next year's Breyerfest - and there have been some mutterings around the seams around her mane - perhaps she's rigged for a mane change? I wouldn't be too surprised if she is, considering there are only about five shades of dun out there, which kind of limits Breyer if they want to do more than that handful of colors on this mold and then call it a day. Ha! 

Anyway, not much else to report around here - I did get my winter catalog, but there's nothing in it we haven't already seen. I got my yearly JAH as well, and aside from one small tidbit (next year's Ideal AQH is a palomino), there wasn't anything new in that either. I guess we'll have to go back to pouncing on whatever scraps Breyer is willing to throw us over the next couple of months. Hopefully we get some exciting new reveals soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Can you PLEASE share a picture of how narrow her chest is? She's gorgeous, although I am a matte kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete