Saturday, November 13, 2021

Featured Model - 11/13/2021, Silver Cup Series II G2 Warmblood

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the G2 Warmblood from the second Silver Cup Series set! 















This handsome fellow was part of the Silver Cup Series, a five-piece (actually six if you count the cup) set sold through QVC in 2002. I don't know how many were made, but he was produced on the G2 Warmblood sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

I like this one because the gloss makes him look like porcelain and he's an attractive gray color in addition. I never got a chance to buy these when they first came out because I was still in high school and wasn't allowed to shop on QVC, and haven't managed to get my hands on them since then. Maybe someday! I really do like their resemblance to porcelain, though. 

The G2 Warmblood has had a fairly steady run of releases since his original debut, including a number of Breyerfest releases. He's one of my favorite of all the G2 molds, so it's safe to say I have quite a few of them in my own collection. He's had more than one release this year, including in those French-language blind bags that were sold by Triple Mountain and a few other retailers recently, and the carded "cheapie" Stablemates that are apparently starting to show up at Dollar General stores around the country. As if we needed more places to try to find Breyer models...but anyway. Let's hope he has a healthy run of releases for years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment