Thursday, August 5, 2021

No, no, make it stop! I can't take any more!

 More and more variations on the Breyerfest models keep showing up! I don't have any photos I can use, but there's a colorshift purple/blue Gran Cavallo, smoky black with (opal?) sparkly interference Uffington, gold with rainbow spots Pollock (!!!!) and I've just seen a report of a gold Knossos. Crazy! Now I'm wishing I'd allowed more substitutions on my special run list - I'm not looking forward to trying to get that gold Pollock. 

People are speculating that these variations are more than just micro runs, due to the sheer number of them we've seen in the last few days, but it's hard to really say until more start showing up. I'm all in favor of the run sizes being more than 30 or so, because in the past they've kept those micro runs limited to anniversary years - more than that and people start expecting them to do it. Then again...maybe they've discovered that they can just about guarantee selling out of everything if there might be super-valuable micro runs mixed in? I don't think there were a whole lot of leftovers in 2019 due to that. I guess we'll have to wait until Breyer announces the breakdowns before we can really draw any conclusions. My stuff is now all scheduled to arrive on Tuesday (at least I hope it's all of it) so I'm super-excited to see what I get now! 

1 comment: