Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Expected (and unexpected) variations are showing up!

 Exciting news, everyone - the Breyerfest special run variations are starting to show up! So far we have a glossy Seurat and a Tassili with the alternate mane/tail/ears combination. Most interestingly, today someone received a metallic blue Ansel, and someone else got a glossy buckskin Pech Merle. I don't have photos of any of these that I can use yet, but they're definitely pretty! I suspected Seurat would end up being the matte/glossy split - I thought he would be very pretty in gloss, and he is! And in retrospect, it was kind of a no-brainer that they'd use the alternate ears/hair combination on the Tassili.

The Ansel is throwing me off a little bit - people are now speculating that all of the special runs will have some kind of micro run within them, which is something they normally only do on an anniversary year...dang it! I'm only getting one Ansel and Pollock (they were my VIP choices), so I'll have to be satisfied with what I get there. As for the others, I'm getting three Uffingtons, three Tassilis and two Seurats, so hopefully I have some luck with getting these variations. This is what I was afraid of...but, good thing I (reluctantly) bought everything I was drawn for, or I'd have been even more upset. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten a single tracking number for anything I bought, so I'll still be waiting a while (especially considering the dumpster fire that the shipping has been). Hopefully I see something soon! 

Oh, and Breyer has said on Facebook that there won't be a website certificate for the 7 Arts Surprise like there are for the rest of the special runs, so print away! 

Edit: I just checked the UPS website and it looks like some shipping labels have been generated for my address, for delivery next week! Let's hope they go out today!

Edit 2: The volunteer model has been revealed - it's Desatado! Sigh...So I was right about them using him for this year's Breyerfest, at least. Anyways, he's a beautiful color - think Shalimar. Not sure how I'm going to get one this year - I won't have a glossy surprise to trade, so I'll just have to find the money for it. I wonder if there are multiple colors again like last year? 

1 comment:

  1. You can email me if you’d like photos to use of a glossy Seurat! Just got mine in moments ago! My email is ashlemjo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete