Saturday, August 21, 2021

Featured Model - 8/21/2021, Fun Foals Ashley

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Fun Foals Ashley! 














This little filly was a run of "a few hundred" produced as item #1398 on the Ashley mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

This model was one of the possible prizes one could receive when participating in the 2009 Treasure Hunt. Collectors had to find a mare and stallion and send in the UPCs from the boxes and received a free foal in return. I didn't return from my hobby hiatus until 2010, so I didn't participate in this treasure hunt. But I do remember seeing leftover Semi-Rearing Mustangs and Running Mares the following year or two (those weren't big sellers). Anyway, Ashley looks quite nice in black, but I've never been able to get one - you just don't see these for sale that often. 

Sheesh - if IDYB is correct, this mold hasn't been used since 2014. Poor Ashley doesn't even get to show up in this year's Vintage Club along with Marabella and Amber. I hope she gets another release eventually - we could always use some new foals. Maybe she'll get a new twins release with Amber? Let's hope so. We don't seem to get a lot of foal special runs anymore, and Amber/Ashley are almost 25 years old now (when did that happen?), so your guess is as good as mine. But we all know Breyer likes to throw a wrench in the works every once in a while, so maybe they'll get a fun web special release next year. Or even some kind of holiday release this year? Ooh, now I'm all excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment