Saturday, August 14, 2021

Featured Model - 8/14/2021, Spindletop

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Spindletop! 
















This handsome guy was a special run for the Lone Star Experience collector club event back in 2009. He was a run of 12 on the Nokota mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

As usual, this is another model I would love to have in my collection - that dark color is just scrumptious. What a beauty! Unfortunately, in October of 2009 I wasn't participating in the model horse hobby at all - I was working for the college newspaper and trying to finish college (and probably playing way too much World of Warcraft). I wouldn't have had the money for a Collector Club event anyway, so this is another model I'll have to admire from afar. Fortunately, he does have a somewhat similar and more attainable release in Sundance, but that one may still set you back a couple of Benjamins. Let's hope the hobby price bubble pops soon, eh? 

As for the Nokota, he hasn't been used since he was the Phantom Face event model for the Scottsdale Stampede in 2018, and Illumination earlier that year. I'd say he's about overdue for a new release - perhaps a new web special? He was part of the Big Cats series in 2017, so he may not be used in the Animals series this year, but maybe sometime next year? Or maybe he'll get some kind of holiday web special release. He's only been a web special twice in the last 10 years, so it's possible. I guess we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment