Saturday, September 5, 2020

Featured Model - 9/5/2020, Muse

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. I'm still on my "featuring rare or hard-to-find models that I don't own," kick, so this week I'll be covering Muse! 

Muse is item #711410 and was a run of 26 on the Nokota mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. She was the Saturday raffle model from Breyerfest 2011. 

It's hard for Breyer to put any color on the Nokota that I don't like, but Muse is just gorgeous. I like her shading and how soft here color is, plus the way her tail almost turns red at the ends. And the wings! She's beautiful. Definitely one of those models you don't see for sale very often, and it's not hard to understand why. 

When will we get a new Nokota? Last time he got a new release was as the event model for the Scottsdale Stampede. Maybe another Breyerfest special run next year? I've seen speculation online that he doesn't get regular run appearances very often due to his wide stance, but who knows. He's only been a web special once, so he might pop up again there - or maybe he'll be a holiday model? Some type of color-shift filigree - or dare I speculate on a return of the silver filigree? Mmm, I hope so! 

4 comments:

  1. I was drawn for Muse at the BF raffle & she is gorgeous. She is one of my top shoe models. She’s got a stack of ribbons, yellow NAN cards & two judges choice awards. I don’t even take her to shows that often because I’m afraid her wings will break off but when I do take her out she gets lots of attention & admirers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! We didn’t go to BF that year but I’ve always wanted one. Are her wings technically removable, like the ones they put on Silver? I’d be afraid to remove them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wings aren’t removable. That’s why I don’t take her to every show. She has to be carefully packed in a separate box so the wings won’t break off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I'd be terrified to take her anywhere then. Ha! Congrats on winning her, though!

      Delete