Wednesday, September 9, 2020

2020 Retired List

Well, Breyer's list of retired products for 2020 came out today, courtesy of Triple Mountain. It's a little bittersweet to see popular (or not-so-popular) products leave the regular line, but on the other hand, it's also exciting to think about what might be coming next! 

There's nothing really surprising in the list - I would have thought some of those Classics models would have longer production runs, but that's okay - that means we're getting lots of new Classics next year! I can't wait to see them. 

On the Stablemates side of things, I'm also a little surprised to see the Stable Surprise sets are already being retired after one year, plus the Deluxe Horse Collection. Presumably they'll come out with new Stable Surprise sets next year, but the Deluxe being retired after one year, when the previous iteration of it (the shadowbox set) ran for a number of years previously, is something I didn't expect. Maybe we're getting another Deluxe Horse Collection next year? I hope so. 

On the Trad side, the Sable Island horse is already being retired - wasn't she a mid-year release? Sheesh. When something gets retired that fast, you have to wonder if it went down in flames sales-wise, or they're just trying to keep it rare for some reason. I'm also a bit surprised to see Justify get retired so soon - maybe they're trying to get ahead of the inevitable backlash if/when he gets retroactively disqualified from the Kentucky Derby and his Triple Crown rescinded. Not that I think that's going to happen - there's too much money at stake for that. 

Anyway, this makes me even more excited to see next year's new releases! While fall isn't quite my favorite season, it's pretty solidly in second place for me - and a large part of that is because we get to see all the exciting new reveals for the following year. I can't wait to get this year's deluge of catalogs so I can see all the exciting stuff Breyer is coming out with for next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment