Saturday, September 12, 2020

Featured Model - 9/12/20, Music Row

 Hello and welcome to this week's edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a Breyer model, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. I'm still featuring models I don't own, but would like to, for this event - so say hello to this week's model, Music Row! 

Music Row was the Breyerfest Open Show 2013 Reserve Grand Champion prize model, with a total of 8 produced. She was done on the head-up version of the popular Make a Wish mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. Darn, she's pretty! I'd love to have her in my collection. That was our second Breyerfest, and so far it's been the only time I actually made it up to the Alltech on Friday to take a look at the live show in action. There were a lot of spendy models on display that day! Someday I might get up the courage to try showing there myself, but in the meantime, it's fun just to look at the things on display! 

While I wasn't so crazy about the head-up version of Make a Wish at the time, I find I have just as many of her in my collection as I do the head-down version. The head-down version is just a little more attractive to me for some reason, despite the double-shoulder issue. But I'd be just as happy to see a new release of the head-up version, don't get me wrong. 

The upcoming release Raia has the flip tail, which had previously only been used for head-up versions of the mold, so that's an interesting twist. So I'm thinking we probably won't see Make a Wish again for a while after this, since the older molds tend to get muscled out by newer ones these days. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say no to a new Breyerfest release or a web special! It's been a good 10 years since she was a web special, so I'd say she's long overdue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment