Saturday, September 29, 2018

Featured Model - 9/29/2018, Sundance

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Sundance!



I picked Sundance for this week because he looks like a budget version of Phantom Face and I'm still feeling sorry for myself for not being drawn to attend Scottsdale Stampede. Woe is me, etc.

Definitely drop me a line if you know where I can get a Phantom Face for a not-ridiculous price, though!

Anyway, this model was produced in 2007 in his one and only appearance in the Breyerfest special run line (though he's been a raffle model twice). He's item #711057 on the Nokota mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

Despite his overabundance of hair, the Nokota is one of my favorite molds, and this color looks pretty good on him. I wonder if Scottsdale Stampede attendees will get a new Nokota? He's been used at a couple of other collector events already, but I can't see Breyer passing up the chance to use one of their most popular mustang molds at a Western-themed event.

As for other upcoming Nokota appearances, he was a web special last year and appeared as this year's patriotic special run model. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at next year's Breyerfest - it seems like he's due to appear there in some fashion, and there's been a surprising lack of Moody molds at the last few Breyerfests. Hopefully he shows up in an attainable fashion, if he does make an appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment