Monday, September 24, 2018

Website Revamp Shenanigans

Looks like Breyer finally decided to redo their website. The last time they did a major update was back in 2011, so it was definitely time for a facelift. I'm not sure I like it, though...people complained about the list of links on the side of the page, but I never had a problem with it. Now everything is spread out in those dropdown menus and well...it's taking some getting used to.

So if you get an email from Breyer about activating your account, it's legit. It also takes some poking around in the website to find things like Club Home. They're also already selling membership renewasl for 2019, but I'm not going to buy it just yet. It's not like I'm not going to join for next year, but I want some incentive first...like a preview of next year's Collector Club special run, for instance (since it doesn't appear we're getting a second one this year).

This could also explain the almost complete dearth of news lately - they've been working on the website redesign and haven't wanted to release much of anything new until they get all the bugs worked out. That would be my assumption, anyway.

Hopefully this means they can get back to business as usual soon. I mean, there will be bugs with the new system - there always are. But I wouldn't think it would take them too long to get those fixed and then we'll be golden! I'm waiting for my Vintage Club Weather Girl, Breyer! Don't make me wait too much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment