Saturday, September 15, 2018

Featured Model - 9/15/2018, Gretel

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Gretel!



This pretty girl was a special run for Breyerfest 2011, along with her foal Hansel. They were item #711133 on the Haflinger Mare and Foal molds sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. 800 sets were produced.

This set was a rare anomaly, as Classic-size stuff has only appeared at Breyerfest a handful of times. The Classic line just isn't as popular as the Traditionals for some reason, so they don't tend to show up in the special run line very often.

Either way, though, this girl is pretty! I'm not sure what color you'd call that - a really dark silver bay, maybe? She has a pearly mane and tail, which means I'll love her forever. The funny thing is, I was initially ambivalent to this mold, and didn't really decide I liked them until she and her foal were released as unicorns later. I gotta collect those unicorns!

Since Gretel's Breyerfest debut with Hansel, the two molds have been used a number of times. Most of these releases were as mare and foal sets, but they show up without each other every once in a while. Gretel's most recent appearance in the Breyer lineup was as one half of the Fiona and Rory set from last year. She is also in the regular run Classics line on her own as a bay pinto pony and as part of the Dartmoor Pony set (the set is still in production according to IDYB).

Where will Gretel show up next? I'm hoping for an appearance at Breyerfest next year, honestly. But if Breyer decides to use her sooner than that, I'd be okay with it. I think her current releases would probably need to be retired first for her to have another release in the regular run line - but that's definitely something that could still happen, since we haven't seen this year's retired list yet. Either way, whenever she does get a new release, I'll be there! Well, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment