Saturday, September 8, 2018

Featured Model - 9/8/2018, Glossy Decorator Samba Surprise

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the glossy decorator Samba Surprise!



This guy was one of the six possible models one could get when buying the Samba Surprise special run line item at Breyerfest 2016. He's item #711238 and was issued on the popular Esprit mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He's one of only 149 produced!

I was lucky enough to pull this guy directly from the special run line in 2016. He's definitely special! 2016 was the first time since 2009 that we had a decorator as one of the possible options. I really like the color scheme Breyer picked for this model - he's got lots of gold, rose/pink and green, but the colors are soft enough that he doesn't look gaudy. Add that to his "dancing" pose and I thought he fit the Carnaval theme really well!

As for the Esprit mold itself, I think I've featured him on the blog at least twice before. So I'm not sure how much more I can gush about him - but I can say I don't think he'll be used again soon. He popped up last year as the surprise Not-Silver-Filigree-Holiday-Web-Special. Add that to his bombastic Breyerfest appearance and I'm thinking Breyer will probably give him a rest for a while - but I could be wrong! Maybe we'll see him at the Scottsdale Stampede in November? I hope not, since I don't get to go. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment