Monday, September 10, 2018

Nevermore is here!

Good news, everyone! I have a small nugget of information in the current dead zone that is Breyer news - my Nevermore is finally here! Behold!



Sorry for the poor lighting - she's just a tad pinker in real life. I love her! Normally I'm not into pink, but she's a really nice shade of what I guess you'd call "rose," with lots of pearly in her finish! She reminds me of lip gloss, actually.




The Edgar Allan Poe theme is a welcome departure from the norm, too. Somewhere I have an omnibus edition of Poe's more famous works, and seeing this model makes me want to read it again. She's a great design, and check out this cool skull on her butt!



I love it! She's definitely one of the better Halloween designs from the last few years. I can't remember if I mentioned it here before, but she was designed by Lauren Hoeffer, who designed last year's Calavera, among other things. She's definitely doing good work!

Unfortunately, as you can probably see in some of the pictures, the design didn't translate over to the models as well as it probably could have. They painted these models with a stencil, and it's definitely apparent in some of the smeared lines and edges of the markings.



I definitely think it would have worked better had these been masked, but maybe that wasn't possible since some of the lines are so thin.



I'm sure it couldn't have been easy to avoid smears with details this fine, and if they'd used decals people would be complaining about wrinkles. So they did the best they could with what they had. Either way. though, it's a beautiful design and I hope Lauren keeps designing stuff for Breyer!

This dearth of news from Breyer is getting really tiring! I wonder if anything new and exciting will pop up this week? I certainly hope so. It's been a boring last few weeks - hopefully we get something soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment