Saturday, August 29, 2020

Featured Model - 8/29/20, 1998 Breyerfest Auction Adios

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model, provide stats on it and give commentary about it! Following from last week's "modification" of Featured Model, this is (again) a model I don't own, but would like to find someday! I give you...the 1998 Breyerfest auction Adios in glossy Copenhagen pinto! 

Photo courtesy of Identify Your Breyer.

While the photo on IDYB isn't the greatest, I picked this model because I remember him surfacing for sale a few years ago - on eBay, I think. There was some speculation that he was another, similar test - not this one specifically - although it looked like the markings matched up pretty well. Since the photo is so low-res, it was hard to be sure, but I figured it was probably the same one. Since this particular model was auctioned off more than 20 years ago, there was a good chance it was more-or-less lost to the mists of time - but it was definitely cool to see him pop up after so much time had passed. Reminds me of the time Carpe Noctis showed up at the Clarion during Breyerfest for less than $100 (!) - I think that was in 2016. (I can't verify his actual price, as I heard about him secondhand - if I'd found an auction model for that cheap, I'd have snapped him up for myself. Talk about the one that got away!) I'm excited to see what other old auction models start to resurface in the future! 

As for Adios, I feel like he's due for another release soon. He did get the extremely limited Weston release last year for the live show program, but I think he needs a new, wider release. Maybe a new regular run? He's still never been a web special, so maybe he'll get that treatment. Probably not this year, though. But hope springs eternal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment