Friday, August 7, 2020

New Arrivals: Matte Appy Slainte, Brighid and Beltane

Welcome, everyone! I'm still working through my new Breyerfest arrivals - today I'll be looking at the matte Appy Slainte Surprise and the Brighid and Beltane set. Let's start with the Slainte! 


I was super-happy to be able to trade for a matte Appy Slainte, along with the matte palomino I already featured. The addition of this girl means I'm only missing the glossy Appy to have the full set! Her spots are nice and brown, too  - a lot of these appear black, though the intent was for them to be a bay leopard. She also has a lot of nice pinking! She's chalky, too, although her quality isn't the best - but I was expecting that, honestly. With all the masking it would take to paint this run, it's inevitable that there are some blurred spots/slipped masking. But I'm not complaining - at least I found one! Giselle is definitely pretty as an Appaloosa! 

Next, let's look at Brighid: 


 This set was incredibly popular too, and I feel lucky to have gotten my hands on one. And I love them in these colors! The mare does have some quality issues, but I'm just glad to have gotten her. I've seen one or two sets out there where the masking apparently was flipped, so it'll be interesting to see if those pop up at shows eventually. Let's take a look at Beltane! 


Beltane is a cutie too! I wonder if Breyer will eventually give us another Trad pony foal so he can have someone to play with! I hope so. 

Well, that's all I have for today - tune in later for more new arrivals! 

2 comments:

  1. There's Stormy and Sea Star. Though, Sea Star appears to be more playful than Stormy, who is timid like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stormy would be cute as the "stoic" one not wanting to play with the playful Cadell, and she has the rough coat to boot! Maybe Breyer will take notice.

      Delete