Saturday, August 22, 2020

Featured Model - 8/22/20, 2019 Breyerfest OOAK Forever Saige

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. To be honest, I've been getting a bit tired of doing this every week, so I'm going to try something new. Today I'm going to feature a model I don't own, but would really, really like to. I'll do it this way for a couple of weeks and see if it helps to pull me out of the Featured Model slump I've been in for the last few weeks. So, to start off this new version of Featured Model right, let's take a look at the 2019 Breyerfest Auction Forever Saige! 



Photo by Breyer. 

As I mentioned above, this is the 2019 Breyerfest Auction Mustang Mare in a "Fanciful Dark Bay Splash Pinto with White Zebra Stripes." She was done on the Forever Saige/Mustang Mare mold sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis. 

I don't know why, but this is probably my favorite auction model of all time. Why? I don't know. I like splash pintos, and I like the zebra stripes a lot (although they look more blue than white to me). I'll probably kick myself until the end of time for not attending the live auction last year, because she sold for a low enough price that I could have afforded her, and she's since been sold to someone else for a price I definitely won't ever be able to afford unless I win the lottery. Anyway, she's just beautiful to me, and if they ever do this color again on something I'll be first in line to buy it! 

Forever Saige has her fair share of detractors, as well as admirers. I put myself in the latter camp because I like her sassy look. She's definitely the epitome of the "boss mare" at the front of the herd, deciding where everyone goes. Unfortunately, she does have that long neck that a lot of people don't like - and I still think Breyer missed an opportunity not using her as the giraffe web special last year. Haha! Well...maybe that would have been a little too on-the-nose. But I definitely would have tried harder to get one if it had been on Saige rather than Lonesome Glory. 

Where will we see Forever Saige next? The last time we saw her was last year's fairly-successful Bisbee release. She hasn't been a web special yet, so maybe she'll get an animal release this year? That would be cool, though I maintain she should have been done as a giraffe. Ha, maybe they'll do her up as a zebra instead? I could see it happening, since the Zebra mold is a little on the small side. I wouldn't mind seeing another regular run release on her, too. Either way, I hope she gets a new release soon! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think that Saieg could have been sculpted as an updated version of Buckshot? They are both mustangs and they both look very similar.

    ReplyDelete