Friday, August 21, 2020

Vermeer is here!

 Good news, everyone! My Vermeer is here, and I have photos! Behold! 



Overall I'm very pleased with this guy! He's beautifully painted, I love his pearly mane and tail and best of all, he's mostly flaw-free. 



I was a bit worried that the paint job would have a lot of flaws, considering what we got with this year's Slainte Surprise, but they must have put a little more effort into this one. 



I included this photo because I really like him from the front. Most models look really goofy from this angle, but Vermeer manages to make even this one look good! 



This mold has an incredible amount of detail, from the wrinkles on his neck to the wrinkles on his lips and other muzzle and facial details. Plus his detailed paint job on top of that! He's great. 



Quality-wise, he's pretty good - there's something going on with his shoulder there, and he has a few other very minor boo-boos, but nothing major. I'm excited to see what Breyer does with him next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment